Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Marathon Training!

So yesterday started my Dallas White Rock marathon training. I have decided to use the Hal Higdon marathon training guide which helped me beat my best half marathon time. I hope that using this marathon will help me shave 20 minutes off my last marathon time. My goal is to finish in under 4 hours!
I can already foresee some obstacles, like our trip to Honduras, but maybe a little jog on white sandy beaches will keep me training.
I have read several places that it is always best to have a training partner, and I have been lucky enough to convince Mike, Blake and Tyler to join in the training. Apparently there is facebook talk that our wives might also be running the race, however that is yet to be confirmed!
My three miles yesterday were rough! I went out to run at about 8p.m. which really was due to the fact that Cheyenne and Kylie were watching 3 hours of the bachelor! What a waste, poor girls, I wonder if they know they will never get that time in their lives back?! Luckily today when i decided to write down my running schedule it coincided with running three miles yesterday, so I'm glad I'm already on track!

No comments: