Monday, August 9, 2010

First Triathlon!


This picture is of Cheyenne running to the finish line.

So yesterday was a very important day for us. Cheyenne and I finished our first triathlon!! My times were: 300m swim - 5 mins 16mi bike - 57min and 3.2mi run - 23mins! I am very proud of myself and even more proud of Cheyenne. I am very grateful that I have a wife that likes to run races, although sometimes not by choice, since there has been a couple times that I sign her up without her consent. Cheyenne finished in 2hrs and 5 min, which is 5 minutes more than she has hoping for, but still a great race.
I was amazed how hard it was to run after the biking. I had to stop to walk three times. If you know me, I don't stop when I run, not even to drink water, so stopping to walk was a hard thing for me to do.
We both definitely enjoyed this experience and look forward to running more Tris in the future!




No comments: